What to know:
Book your hair and make up trial session 6 months prior your wedding
After your trial is booked start to find images of how you want to envision hair and makeup to look l - best place to look is Pinterest or Instagram
On your schedule Trial date Please come with clean dried hair, no makeup. If you have your veil or any hair accessories please bring them to your appointment. Be prepared to spend anywhere from one and half to 2 and half hours creating what your envisioning for you wedding day look.
While your having your trial hair and makeup done, with the artist ,now would be a good time to discuss what your wedding party is all about, What your needs are for wedding day morning, timing, day before hair prep, how many girls MOB MOG flower girls etc… who will be needing services, if you not sure, you have time to now to get a head count, schedule appointments for color cuts etc… Skin care-daily habits to prepare for flawless skin on wedding day. Will I need extensions ? Depends on the look, and your hair.
Questionare—wedding dress cut, wedding color theme, accessories being worn, bridesmaid dress cut, color, wedding style, comfort level of makeup, pictures of looks
What to do if I change my mind about my wedding look ,no problem please contact me for a second trial Typically at this point you know if you can work with this artist
Bringing pictures is a given, but don't feel as though you need to narrow it down to just one option. Pinterest is a wonderful source of inspiration, but a lot of the pictures you'll find will only show the eye or face from one angle. If you love the eyes closed in one look and the skin in another, your artist can work to incorporate elements of your favorite ideas. Also helpful are photos of things that you DON'T like. Sometimes you can't quite put your finger on it, but showing what isn't your style is just as helpful. Your artist can look at a range of photos and even if they seem a bit unrelated to the eyes of the bride to be, we can usually pull a common theme from them. Bring a photo of your dress-this can help your stylist get a sense of your personal style.
PREP YOUR FACE
Make sure your face is clean and makeup-free upon arrival to ensure you have a blank canvas to work on!
BRING YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS
If you have a certain brow pencil, foundation, or lip color that you absolutely love, feel free to bring those products with you to give your artist an idea of what shades you go for most!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT LOOK
First and foremost, choose a style/look you are comfortable with. If you never wear a dark smokey eye, your wedding day is not the day to put it to the test. You should recognize the person you see in the mirror and later in your photos. It's about making you look and feel like the best version of yourself!
· Inspirational Photos :Choose inspiration photos that compliment your features
· Time of Year: Consider the time of year and your skin color. Airbrushing may be best to combat those sweaty months!
· Lashes: Give yourself that extra glam for photos!
Create a schedule for the morning of the Big Day! Each service has a designated time slot that can be interchanged if necessary, One of the benefits of having an on location business come, is that we do this all year, we work as a team to prepare each service in its designated time slot in an professional timely manner that proves to be very effective, theirs no running to a salon were the person doing the hair might be behind or unfamiliar with a special occasion look !
Artist or Artists Arrive 15 minutes before the start time to set up.
1) Set the Brides hair, typically the set stays in all morning until about an hour before the photographer arrives. ( you are free at this point to eat,relax, or finish up any last minute details)
2) First person on the schedule gets hair done then goes for makeup !
3) Ect…4) Ect.. 5) Ect
6) In the mean time girls are eating, talking, drinking, relaxing, getting dressed !
We do offer Yoga and Reiki at an additional cost if interested
7) One and half hours before the Photographer arrives ,we start on the Brides Wedding day look ,when we are done and she gives final approval she’s ready to get dressed. last minute touch ups !
8) Hair Artist attaches veil or shows a bridesmaid how to, and your ready to go…